Common Pleas Court Municipal Court
Mercer Probate Juvenile Court

Adult, Paternity, Custody, Child Support and Visitation

The Juvenile Court has jurisdiction in cases involving children whose parents were never married. Sometimes, this involves the determination of parentage. It may also involve deciding the residential parent of a child, the amount of child support to be paid and a division of parenting time with each parent. The Court also deals with requests from people other than the parents, such as relatives who may want custody of a child or visitation with a child. Child Support and paternity matters are often brought by the Mercer County Child Support Enforcement Agency.